Fun Facts About Our New Hometown:
- Lonely Planet travel guide named the area one of the Top 3 U.S. travel destinations for 2012
- Cincinnati is home to the first professional baseball team, the Cincinnati Reds, who boast five World Series titles (1919, 1940, 1975, 1976 and 1990)
- The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, nicknamed the “World’s Sexiest Zoo”, is renowned for its reproductive program and presents adorable Zoo Babies every spring.
- Celebrities: Steven Spielberg, Sarah Jessica Parker, Ted Turner, Carmen Electra, and Doris Day all hail from Cincinnati.
- Talk show host Jerry Springer was once the mayor of Cincinnati.
- William Howard Taft, 27th President of the United States, was born in Cincinnati in 1857.
- Winston Churchill once called Cincinnati “the most beautiful of America’s inland cities”.
- Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon, later served as a professor of engineering at the University of Cincinnati from 1971-1979.
- Movies: Rain Man, Seabiscuit, and Elizabethtown were all filmed in Cincinnati.
- 1905 – Daniel Carter Beard founded the Sons of Daniel Boone, later known as the Boy Scouts of America.